Truck Order Filler IApply Now
The individual in this role picks units and/or parts and accessories for shipment and operates various material handling equipment to fill customer orders.
- Picks units and/or parts and accessories for shipment to customers by reading a pick document, ultimately moving, during the training process, to using a hand held RF Gun, or voice technology. May assist in the consolidation of orders with additional shipments as needed and packs and labels according to customer shipping and routing requirements.
- Operates forklift, parts picker and other material handling equipment to fill customer orders.
- Receives work direction from department leadership.
- Assist in the physical aspect of cycle counts and selected inventory daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must have at least one year of warehousing experience and a forklift certification or license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the standard methods used to pack and unpack materials and supplies from trucks, containers and racking/shelving.
- Ability to operate manual and powered material handling equipment such as electric and gas forklifts, pallet jacks, and high lifts.
- Ability to be taught how to use warehouse scanners for inventory tracking and control and/or processing orders.
- Ability to listen and be aware of warehouse/production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.