Class A Tool Maker / MachinistApply Now
The individual in this role sets up, adjusts and operates a variety of machinery, estimates costs and time for each job, and determines in-house capabilities for designing and constructing tools and fixtures.
- Designs and constructs tool jigs, fixtures and models for new products or alters existing products for testing, evaluation and demonstration.
- Fabricates testing equipment and calculates tolerances for fit and variation in material characteristics under varying conditions of friction and heat.
- Sets up and operates a full-range of machine tools and auxiliary equipment to construct parts, molds, jigs, fixtures and testing devices working from drawings and verbal instructions.
- Uses precision measuring instruments, welding equipment, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by following clean-up and housekeeping procedures and observing all prescribed safety regulations.
- Operates machinery in accordance with the Wagner Quality Management System requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- One to three years of skilled trades training in machine tool operations (equivalent to a two year technical education)
- Five years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, drawings and diagrams and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.