Assembler IIApply Now
The individual in this role performs assembly and packaging operations.
- Performs standard assembly on the line or at the bench.
- Operates a variety of shop machinery and hand held tools such as presses, custom tooling, air drivers and torque wrenches to complete work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred.
- No work related experience necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and assembly aids and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform simple and complex repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the standard methods used to pack and unpack materials and supplies from trucks, containers and racking/shelving.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.