Quality Engineer (internship)Apply Now
Support Quality Engineers in the implementation of Quality Assurance techniques during the development of product designs and process controls.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new products and revisions to existing products to ensure that product designs meet user needs and are as cost effective as possible.
- Document work instructions, define equipment needs and train hourly employees on these process steps.
- Work with suppliers of assemblies and components to develop processes that provide assurance the products and/or components meet specifications.
- Investigate the cause of non-conforming product and assure corrective actions are implemented that address the root cause.
- Prepare test plans for the qualification of product revisions, supplier changes and new products.
- Occasionally perform inspections and tests on sample components and assemblies, assist with capability studies, gauge R&R studies and process FMEA.
- Create and maintain process control documentations for in-house assembly including appropriate measurement systems. Audit processes and analyze data for problem solving and continuous improvement. Utilize statistical techniques to evaluate material and process quality.
- Assist in problem solving activities.
- Some administrative duties will also be included.
- Currently attending post secondary education to attain an Engineering degree