Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Continuously improve production (i.e. Carbide) to ensure that product conforms to specifications while operating in the most cost effective manner. Hold paramount achieving customer excellence and employee safety. Provide manufacturing engineering role in daily production of products along with supporting the release of new products and design changes into production.
% of time No. Priority Order
25% 1 Engage in helping production achieve daily performance targets by removing impediments and disruptions from the production process.
15% 2 Lead and support the elimination of wastes through the use of lean principles. Track progress by the using time lines and setting goals.
15% 3 Examine defects and processes to improve first pass yield and reduce manufacturing scrap. Use rapid problem solving technics to create countermeasures. Work with internal departments and external suppliers as needed to achieve success.
10% 4 Perform activities that ensure product design changes to existing products can be produced. Lead design changes through production release by using standard work procedures, process documentation, and includes designing, fabricating, qualifying, and validating equipment, fixtures, and tools as needed to build products.
10% 5 Evaluate manufacturing processes, equipment, and materials for health, safety, and environment hazards. Remove or minimize the probability of the hazard to cause an incident.
10% 6 Perform time studies, capacity planning, and line balancing as needed to produce product. Layout processes and production lines to achieve output and efficiency targets.
10% 7 Maintain and develop work instructions to insure process equipment is sustained and maintained to consistently produce products to specifications at the needed production output.
5% 8 Prepare and submit capital justification request. Coordinate the procurement and implementation after approval.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with an understanding of process machines and equipment desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain excellent communication and organization skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Keeps Manufacturing, Production, Quality, Materials, and Distribution departments informed of changes as it relates to the SIPOC process
- Strong leadership skills; Able to lead cross functional teams, track financials of a project, hold successful meetings, and effectively write and distribute meeting minutes to complete project deliverables
- Follow established guidelines and management direction with regard to engineering decisions and departmental/company policy
- Lead and/or mentor employees including Associate Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Engineering Interns
- CAD, Microsoft excel, Word, PowerPoint, Maxload, DS Tools Talk, JDE systems, PFMEA
- Ability to travel, as needed, to support projects
- Experienced position that requires strong reasoning skills along with the ability to plan and act with little to no guidance and direction from management or others