Commercial Consumer Production TrainerApply Now
Individual in this role provides employee training and ensures continuous flow of materials in and out of the department for maximum efficiency and utilization of labor.
- Provides training to assemblers on the proper techniques needed for accurate and efficient mechanical assembly.
- Performs subassembly, final assembly and packaging on electric and gasoline powered piston drive units and highly diversified and complex units.
- May perform more or less complex assembly jobs within the cell due to business need or employee absences.
- Operates a variety of shop machinery and hand-held tools such as presses, custom tooling, air drivers and torque wrenches to complete work orders.
- Provides back-up Group Lead coverage when needed.
- Completes daily process control charts and scrap and reject forms and enters data into ERP system.
- Identifies assembly errors by completing functional testing. Improves assembly quality through analysis of reworked units and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Post-secondary education in electronics or hydraulics or related field preferred.
- Must have at least three years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, assembly aids, blue prints and diagrams, and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Ability to perform simple and complex repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the standard methods used to pack and unpack materials and supplies from trucks, containers and racking/shelving.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.